POPI Compliance Certification
- Who we are
Snappy Print & Sign Pty Ltd, is a printing, signage, promotional and picture framing business that provides personal service to individuals and corporate clients.
- The purpose of the notice
We respect your privacy and your personal information, and for this reason we will take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer a member.
We will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and comply with the Protection of Personal Information, Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) when processing your personal information.
We briefly outline the principles below:
- We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (use) your personal information with your express consent, unless we are legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
We will disclose, in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
- Information disclosure
3.1 What is personal information?
Personal information refers to any information that identifies you or specifically relates to you. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
- Your marital status (like married, single, divorced), your national origin, your age, your language, birth, education;
- Your financial information, which may include your financial history (like your income or your buying, investing and banking behaviour based on, amongst others, account transactions);
- Your identifying number (like an account number, identity number or passport number);
- Your email address, location information, physical address (like residential address, work address or your physical location), and telephone number (including your cellular number, home landline or office work number);
- Your online identifiers such as social media profiles;
- Your biometric information (like fingerprints, signature or voice);
- Your race and gender;
- Your physical health, mental health, wellbeing, disability, religion, belief, conscience, culture.
- Your medical history (like your HIV/AIDS status and any medical history disclosed or obtained), criminal history, employment history;
- Your personal views, preferences and opinions;
- Your confidential correspondence; and
- Another’s views or opinions about you and your name also constitute your personal information.
3.2 What is special personal information
Special personal information is personal information about the following:
- Your religious and your philosophical beliefs (for example where you enter a competition, and you are requested to express your philosophical view);
- Your race (for example where you apply for a product or service where the statistical information must be recorded);
- Your ethnic origin;
- Your trade union membership;
- Your political beliefs;
- Your biometric information (for example to verify your identity); and
- Your criminal behaviour and alleged commission of an offence (for example to prevent money laundering as required by law or when you apply for employment or enter into a relationship with us).
3.3 What type of personal information does Snappy Print & Sign collect?
Personal information collected by us, can include, but is not limited to, a data subject’s name, contact, birth date, identity number, gender, employment details, marital, family, bank account,
When personal information is collected, we will indicate the purpose for the collection and whether the information required is compulsory or voluntary.
3.4 How do we collect personal information?
The company collects information either directly from the data subject, the employer or through financial services intermediaries. The source from which personal information was obtained, if not directly from the data subject, will be disclosed.
3.5 When will we process your personal information?
We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes related to our business if the following circumstances apply:
- You have consented thereto;
- A person legally authorised by you, the law or a court, has consented thereto;
- It is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract we have with you;
- The law requires or permits it;
- It is required to protect or pursue your legitimate interest, ours or that of a third party; and
- You are a child, and a competent person (such as a parent or guardian) has consented thereto on your behalf.
3.6 When will we process your special personal information?
We may process your special personal information under the following circumstances:
- If you have consented to the processing thereof;
- If the processing is needed to create, use or protect a right or obligation in law;
- If the processing is for statistical or research purposes;
- If the special personal information was made public by you;
- If the processing is required by law; and
- If racial information is processed and the processing is required to identify you.
3.7 Reasons for processing your personal information
We will process your personal information for any of the following reasons:
- To process payment instruments (such as a cheque) and payment instructions (such as a debit order or a stop order deduction);
- To create, manufacture and print payment instruments (such as a cheque) and payment devices (such as a debit card);
- To open, manage and maintain your accounts, contracts, agreements or relationship with us;
- To enable us to deliver goods, documents or notices to you;
- For security and identity verification, and to check the accuracy of your personal information.
- To communicate with you and carry out your instructions and requests;
- For any other related purposes.
3.8 Processing the information of a child
We take the privacy of children very seriously. Children under the age of 18 years should obtain their guardian’s consent before providing or submitting any personal information about themselves on our website.
We will not require children under this age to provide any personal information other than that which is reasonably necessary to use the website.
If we determine that a user is under the age of 18, we will not use or maintain his or her personal information without the guardian’s consent.
3.9 Obtaining personal information about customers
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Directly from you;
- Based on your use of our products, services, or service channels (such as our websites and applications);
- Based on how you engage or interact with us, such as on social media, and through emails, letters, telephone calls, and surveys;
If the law requires us to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting personal information about you from third parties. The third parties from whom we may collect your personal information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your spouse, dependants, partners, employer, joint applicant or account holder and other similar sources;
- Attorneys, tracing agents, debt collectors and other persons that assist with the enforcement of agreements;
- Payment processing service providers, merchants, banks and other persons that assist with the processing of your payment instructions
- Insurers, brokers, other financial institutions or other organisations;
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, and other persons tasked with the prevention and prosecution of crime;
- Regulatory authorities, industry ombudsmen, government departments, and local and international tax authorities;
- Credit bureaux;
- Trustees, executors or curators appointed by a court of law;
- Cheque verification service providers;
- Our service providers, agents and sub-contractors such as couriers and other persons we use to offer and provide products and services to you;
- Courts of law or tribunals;
- Suppliers in the delivery of our wallet and payment services;
- Marketing list providers; and
- Digital data transformation or aggregation services which you have authorised to collect activity, health or other digital data streams and share with us.
3.10 Processing information about persons related to a juristic person
If you are a juristic person, such as a company or close corporation, we may collect and use personal information related to the juristic person’s directors, officers, employees, beneficial owners, partners, shareholders, members, authorised signatories, representatives, agents, payers, payees, customers, guarantors, spouses of guarantors, sureties, spouses of sureties, other security providers and other persons related to the juristic person.
If you provide the personal information of a related person to us, you warrant that the related person is aware that you are sharing their personal information with us, and that the related person has consented thereto.
3.11 Direct marketing
If you consent, we may use your personal or other information to tell you about products, services and special offers. We will use your personal information to market our products and services to you.
- We will do this in person, by post, by telephone, or electronic channels such as SMS, email and other digital channels.
- In all cases, you can tell us to stop sending marketing communications to you at any time.
- Use of location services
We use location services for specific products and services through our websites and applications. The location services will only be switched on with the prior consent of the user. The use of location services is set out in the purpose of collection of data.
- Confidentiality and security
5.1 Routine precautions
Snappy Print & Sign Pty Ltd endeavours to protect your personal information.
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, which for example include:
- Your name
- Identity number
- Your assets and liabilities
- Your income
- Your employment details
- Payment records
- Your contact details
- Your marital status
- Family information
- Bank account information
- Your policy information
Any information about what you buy, where you shop, where you bank, how you invest, your health behaviour, your health transactions and all related information will also be regarded as personal information.
In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
- Your personal information
6.1 Securing personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. The company will store all the personal information in secured environments, for example on secured servers in a protected data centre.
6.2 How you can review and correct your personal information
You can request to review your personal information contained in our records at any time to correct or update the information. If the purpose for which your personal information was requested initially does not exist anymore, for example you no longer have a contract with us, you may request information held by the company to be removed. However, we can decline your request to delete the information from our records if other legislation requires the continued retention thereof or if it has been de-identified.
Snappy Print & Sign uses and stores cookies, pixels, and other technologies (collectively, cookies) to recognise your browser or device and provide you with essential features and services, and for additional purposes, including:
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, and recognises you as a registered member;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content, products, and services;
- Preventing fraudulent activity;
- Improving security; and
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire.
You agree that we will be entitled to send cookies from this website to your computer. We use the word cookie to refer to information that is sent from this website to your hard drive, where it is saved. It contains information to personalise your experience on this website. In this way, the next time you use this website we will know who you are and that you have visited this website before.
6.4 Third parties
6.5 Sharing your information
Snappy Print & Sign will only share your personal information with third parties if you have consented to such disclosure. If consent has been obtained, the company may share your personal information with persons or organisations within and outside of the business.
Where we disclose personal information to intermediaries, other financial institutions, insurers or any other third parties, the third parties will be obliged to use that personal information only for the reasons and purposes it was disclosed for. We may be obliged to disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or for the purposes of protecting the interest of its members, for example, fraud prevention or to give effect to an agreement.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Selected third parties to provide us with services, including companies that provide us with technical support and assistance in respect of the website, companies that provide back-office services, companies that provide hosting services or, that track the website’s activities and analytics, and companies engaged to market and distribute our products or services and conduct research on our behalf;
- Professional advisers, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies;
- A third party that acquires all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of our business, whether by merger, acquisition, re-organisation or otherwise;
- In order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs; and
- Once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an affiliate party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the affiliate party to contact you directly. We will, however, only inform an affiliate party to contact you directly if you have indicated that you agree.
If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish for us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party, you may withdraw your consent at any stage. By choosing to withdraw your consent to affiliated third parties there may be an impact on our offering to you, and it will be explained to you on your request to withdraw your consent.
6.6 Cross border sharing
We will only transfer your personal information to third parties in another country under one or more of the following circumstances:
- Where your personal information will be adequately protected under the other country’s laws or an agreement with the third-party recipient;
- Where the transfer is necessary to enter into, or perform, under a contract with you or a contract with a third party that is in your interest;
- Where you have consented to the transfer;
- Where it is not reasonably practical to obtain your consent, and the transfer is in your interest.
This transfer will happen within the requirements and safeguards of the law. Where possible, the party processing your personal information in the other country will agree to apply the same level of protection as available by law in your country, or if the other country’s laws provide better protection, the other country’s laws would be agreed to and applied.
An example of us transferring your personal information to another country would be when you make payments if you purchase goods or services in a foreign country.
7.2 Which laws apply?
If you have any questions about this notice or óur treatment of your personal information, send an email to email@example.com